Tuesday, March 15, 2005

How I Love Rainforest.....*please note sarcasm*

Sooo I worked 10 hours today, my first double in forever... it was a decent day, nothing too spectacular... except for a story... so here goes....
I was carrying a tray of drinks to my table 2 kids drinks (w/ lids) and an ice tea. Well Im on my way to the table and this lady is completely oblivious to everything going on... runs right smack into me causing my tray to fall and the tea to spill all over the floor and most importantly onto this lady at another table. The bitch that caused the spillage looked at me and the floor and kept walking without ever apologizing... thats what first made me mad, because it wasnt even my fault... so the lady that got the tea on her jumps out of her chair freaking out (ok for the non tea informed, such as this lady... tea is mostly water!) screaming about how its in her hair and crap. I said i was sorry and asked if she was okay, all that crap and Fran was standing there while I went back to get stuff to clean with so no one slipped in the water and stuff. Lee (our manager) went out there to talk to her and see if she wanted a new shirt to wear for the day until she got home... blah blah... well after i left he continues talking to her. Well I was in the kitchen remaking the drinks Lee came in and asked if I apologized to her, I said I did. So he went back out there and next time i talked to him he said that she didnt hear me and no one else had either. He reccomended that I go out there and do it again. I was like fuck that, its not my fault she totally flipped and was screaming about some fucking tea "in her hair" and couldnt hear me apologizing. also... it wasnt even my fault... but alas, of course that didnt matter. I wish I could have spilled tea on the lady who bumped into me, that would have been nice >:) *evil smile*
Well a little while later, one of my tables stopped Lee on his way to the kitchen and said what a good job i did and all that good stuff. Lee tole me and I was like there ya go :) who would have thought otherwise. I wish I could tell people how much crap I get all over my hands, pants, shoes and shirt everyday when they freak out about little things like tea getting on them... grr!
I did make $127 today... the lunch was good, but the dinner side blew. I think I had 3 tables at once one time and that was only because one got sat right when another was paying out. But yesterday... damn yesterday rocked! Between 11 and 3:30 I made $107 and it was ALL credit card tips. It was so gratifying for Lee to give me a $107 before I left yesterday... man it was awesome, and on Saturday I made $112 on just an AM shift as well. This weekend rocked. I wish I already had everything paid tho, and I would have the money for myself... oh well.
So afterwork today Kristen, Ashely, Leah, Monesa and I went to Saltgrass (yay for 50% off!) and we had a great time... but the service blew chunks! We were talkng to this other waiter Jerry who works there (we had him before) and we were like is she new or something? Apparently, this horrible waitress is a trainer. We were like no fucking way! She was so awful. My steak was underdone (I like mine medium and this cow was still bleedin rare) but she never came back to check on us so I just ate it anyways, plus other stuff.... so yeah... Our bill after the discount was $73 I think we ended up leaving her $25... Leah had put her price on her debit card (shes a hostess so she never had cash :D) and we told her to keep whatever was left in the book for her tip... which as I said was $25, well she brought Leahs card back and didnt even say thanks to us! That made us soo mad... we should have slipped Jerry some money because he did most of the work for us anyways. Grrness! Oh well, at least we had good company so it wasnt that bad. Kristen and I already had a Saltgrass date planned for Wednesday and we found out that Kerry was working so we are definately gonna ask for him next time and all will be well...
I saw Downfall on Saturday night with AJ. Its a German film about Hitlers last days in his bunker during WWII... great film. Im usually not too fond of war films but this one was exceptional. I wouldnt mind seeing again... especially since I wont have to read the subtitles as much and can pay more attention to details. I mentioned it to my Dad and he said that we would like to go see it on Wednesday night. I dont know how I feel about going to a movie with my father, but if nancy comes, I guess it will be okay. Well i think ive written enough... got some good stories out....
Oh shit, almost forgot... Sunday morning I woke up at 8:50, the latest I can leave I can leave and still be on time for 9:30 opening is 8:45... so I called RFC and Lee picked up (thank god) and I told him I had slept thru my alarm clock and I was gonna be about 15 minutes late. He said "Well you better bring some doughnuts!" I asked him what kind, he wanted Krispy Kremes. I was like dude, you do realize thats gonna make me like 15 minutes LATER. he was like I dont care just bring me some doughnuts. Im like alrighty.... so i got to the KK drive thru and sat there for over 15 minutes. I called him again from there just to let him know I was working on it but it was taking longer than planned. he was like its cool, I just want my doughnuts. Im like alrighty, hes telling me/giving me permission to be late. So yeah, I got there and he had his own personal stash of Krispy Kremes, and he told everyone that if he saw anyone trying to break into the office take all the money, but dont touch the doughnuts... he was joking of course.. but it was funny...
Okay now Im done :) I need to get to bed, or make an attempt because I have to work another double tomorrow....

Auf Wiederschrieben!

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home